Welcome to the inside of my makeup bag! These are the products I bring with me for an overnight trip – the absolute essentials that I can’t live without. My everyday makeup is extremely simple, natural and glowy. When I’m travelling for short periods of time/overnight, I don’t like to bring my normal skincare routine – which I would need an entire suitcase for (kidding…kind of) – so here’s the products I narrow it down to.
A couple of years ago I bought a leather Minskat Copenhagen cross body handbag and I haven’t parted from it since. It is so well made, the leather is soft and it wears extremely well, so I knew that their makeup bag would be the same. Minskat Copenhagen is a Danish brand that makes beautiful and minimalistic leather accessories – handbags and also makeup bags like this one!
This makeup bag is the perfect size for everyday makeup products, but it also works really well as a small overnight purse for skincare and makeup essentials! I use it for both, but this blog post is going to focus on what I keep in the bag when I travel.
Like my handbag, this makeup bag is surprisingly big! It doesn’t look huge, but it somehow magically fits everything that you need it to.
Although I use this for makeup and skincare products, this bag is so beautiful and well made that it would look great as an evening clutch! It’s made from soft Italian leather, there is a little internal zip pocket, it’s fully lined and I love the gold hardware.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate face wash
- Kiehls creamy eye treatment with avocado (this is a new eye cream for me, but I am absolutely loving it – new or not, eye cream is an absolute essential).
- Gisele Delorme vitaminic complex (perfect to apply under moisturiser, this serum adds an extra layer of hydration to your skin and works really well in the morning and evening).
- Embroylisse lait-crème concentré moisturiser (if you’re going away and don’t have much room in your bag, this moisturiser is perfect for both day and night).
- Dior Lip Glow (very hydrating and gives the most beautiful, natural pink wash of colour).
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheek (this doubles as both a lip colour and a blush. It looks great when topped with the Dior lip glow and is so easy to apply with your fingers – no need to pack brush!)
- Chi Chi Eye Brow Pencil (a long time favourite of mine, I have repurchased this more time than I can count. It’s perfect as there’s a spoolie at one end).
- RMS Living Luminizer (the most natural highlighter, read about why you need this cult favourite here).
- MAC Studio Finish concealer (so compact and gives great coverage – I like to use an eyeshadow brush for a really natural and light coverage. Using a soft brush like this makes the concealer buff out nicely – usually works best for liquid concealers, but this studio fix one is very creamy. It also blends out so well with fingers).