As a beauty lover you can be sure that my favourite products follow me to work. My Minskat Copenhagen makeup purse is the perfect size to chuck in my tote bag (you can read all about why I love it here). I usually bring a large tote bag with me to work as I often have to bring my laptop, chargers and books with me. While I don’t constantly use every single product in my work makeup purse, I like to know that I have the products with me just in case I need them (e.g just in case Ryan Gosling materialises in the office and I quickly have to apply my Frog Prince colour changing lipstick to impress him).
- Lipstick Queen lipstick in ‘Frog Prince’. This is my latest and most beloved discovery (quite possibly I should just do an entire blog post on this because I love it that much). It’s a green lipstick which reacts with the warmth of my lips to into the perfect pink shade. I love this for work because it applies like a lip balm so you can easily swipe it on without using a mirror – it’s also very hydrating and tints the lips.
- Dior ‘Lip Glow’ in 001. Although I made the dramatic claim on Instagram that I had replaced my Lip Glow with the above Frog Prince, I still have a place in my heart for this lip balm and while I no longer reach for it as much as Frog Prince, this isn’t going anywhere. The perfect lip balm to through on at work, it provides really great hydration and a sheer rosy colour.
- Devine Oils ‘Organic Rose Toner’. If you like the classic Mario Badescu rose facial spray, you’ll love this Devine Oils one even more. It smells like roses, is so great for the skin and is housed in the perfect sized spray bottle to take with me to work. I love using this throughout the day to freshen up my makeup and my senses.
- Bobbi Brown ‘Cheek & Lip Tint’ in Rose. Another long time favourite, this product works as a lipstick and a blush to help liven up the face after a long day at work – it also has a little mirror inside! You can read my full review here.
- Chanel ‘Vitalumiere Aqua’ foundation. I switch between bringing this and my Collection concealer to work. If I’m having a good skin day I find that this foundation is more than enough to freshen up my makeup – it layers very well and never looks cakey. If my foundation has worn off, I’ll use this foundation to touch it up.
- Chi Chi Make-Up Blending Sponge. I use this to touch up my foundation – sometimes a spritz of the Rose toner to dampen the sponge is all I need to bounce it over my foundation and freshen everything up. I recently replaced my Real Techniques sponge with this and I can’t really tell the difference – they’re both great. Possibly the Chi Chi sponge is a little denser, which I prefer.
- RMS ‘Living Luminizer’. The most natural highlight you’ll ever use, this is perfect to just tap across your cheekbones to freshen a makeup look or add to makeup look before heading out to dinner after work. No brushes needed – read my full review here.
- Hair comb. This is a must have for me as by the time I make it into the office my hair is already looking crazy from the Auckland wind.
- Mecca ‘Lip De-Luscious’ lip balm. This somehow always makes its way into my purse. Extremely hydrating, this lip balm is perfect for sitting in an air conditioned office where you lips might get a bit dry. It doesn’t add much colour to the lips, but that’s what Frog Prince is for!